Subject:   RE: mental arithmetics
Author: knewtown
Date: May 7 2009
On May  6 2009, mburwitz wrote:
> I like using bits and pieces of Mental Math in Junior High from Dale
> Seymour Publications.  It covers mental
> math/percents/fractions/squares/cubes/money/etc.

I, too, like this publication.  The cartoons are cute and break up the plain
white worksheets that many students are used to.  While, I do teach a brief unit
on mental math to my eighth graders at the start of the year, I've found that
simply by modeling the techniques and talking out loud as I think through a
mental math calculations is the most beneficial for my students.

Kris Newtown

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Computer