GRADE K-3 / Ages 5-8The Five Challenges
1. There are 70 pages in a book. You read 34 pages. How many more pages do you need to read to finish the book?
2. There are 32 monkeys coming to the new zoo. There are 4 cages. Each of the cages needs to have the same amount of monkeys placed in it. How many monkeys will be in each cage?
3. Doug reaches in his pocket and finds he has 3 pennies, 4 nickels, 5 dimes, and 2 quarters. How much money does Doug have in all?
4. Choose a foreign language and write the numbers one through ten in that language.
5. Jamal has 16 pieces of candy. He wants to share his candy with his three friends. How many pieces of candy would Jamal and each of his friends receive?
Be sure to use your MathWorld Interactive six problem-solving steps. Have fun!
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.