These are excerpts from the program for the Joint Mathematics Meetings, January 10-13, 1996, Orlando, Florida.
From the MAA Session on Constructivism Across the Curriculum:
- Some social aspects of assuming a constructivist model of learning.
James R. Morrow, Mount Holyoke College
- DAREC: A developmental algebra curriculum using a constructivist approach.
Mercedes A. McGowen, William Rainey Harper College
Philip A. DeMarois, William Rainey Harper College
Darlene Whitkanack, Indiana University, Bloomington
- A constructivist approach to precalculus.
Jerome J. Przybylski, Elmira College
- Making the transition from learner to teacher: A mathematics course for pre-service elementary teachers.
Tracy L. Rusch, University of Texas, Austin
- A constructivist approach to a capstone course for prospective secondary teachers.
Dale R. Oliver, Humboldt State University
Phyllis Z. Chinn, Humboldt State University
- Assessing constructivist techniques in a secondary mathematics certification program.
Carol Jean Bell, University of Texas, Austin
- Computer-based liberal arts mathematics.
Mazen Mohammed Shahin, College Misericordia
- Scripting to learn with Maple and the TI-92: Constructivism in action.
Phoebe T. Judson, Trinity University, San Antonio
- "Discovering" abstract algebra in the classroom.
Jill Dietz, Gettysburg College
- The undergraduate geometry course: Problems, models, and projects.
David A. Gay, University of Arizona
- A constructivist approach to the history of mathematics.
Janet Lea Heine Barnett, University of Southern Colorado
- Constructivism in teaching mathematics at UPRH.
Malhab C. Keirouz, University of Puerto Rico, Humacao College
- Constructivism in mathematics education---what does it mean?
John Selden, Tennessee Technological University
Annie Selden, Tennessee Technological University
- The realization of a constructivist approach in the teaching of prospective elementary education teachers of mathematics.
David Feikes, Purdue University, North Central
- A constructivist approach to a course for elementary education majors.
Anne E. Brown, Indiana University, South Bend
- Constructivism in the
Lawrence E. Copes, Augsburg College
- Using a visual aid, the Stella
Octangula, for the group of rotations of a cube.
Saeja Oh Kim, University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth
- A constructivist text for discrete mathematics.
William E. Fenton, Bellarmine College