Equity & Access
AMS Ethical Guidelines
Excerpts from the program for the Joint Mathematics Meetings, January 10 - 13, 1996, Orlando, Florida.
MAA Session on Teaching Mathematics by Blind
Instructors or to Blind Students
- Teaching mathematics as a blind person.
- Abraham Nemeth, University of Detroit Mercy
- New braille tools for blind mathematicians.
- John Gardner, Oregon State University
- The blind professor and the sighted student.
- Lawrence W. Baggett, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Teaching calculus using alternative techniques.
- Norberto Salinas, University of Kansas
- Communicating with the graphing calculator.
- Elizabeth L. Doane, Housatonic Community Technical College
- Both sides of the teacher's desk.
- Charles Hallenbeck, University of Kansas
- Audio system for technical readings.
- T. V. Raman, Digital Equipment Corporation