Equity & Access
AMS Ethical Guidelines
Excerpts from the program for the Joint Mathematics Meetings, January 10 - 13, 1996, Orlando, Florida.
If you have related materials you'd like to post, please let us know. If
there are topics you'd like an opportunity to discuss, we'll try to set up
a local discussion group.
- Affirmative action: A look back and a look ahead.
- AWM Panel Discussion
Mary W. Gray, American University
Ingrid Daubechies, Princeton University
Robion C. Kirby, University of California, Berkeley
William A. Massey, AT&T Bell Laboratories
Cora S. Sadosky, Howard University
- Affirmative action and underrepresented American minorities in
mathematics at the graduate and professional levels.
- NAM Panel Discussion
Robert E. Bozeman, Morehouse College
Rhonda J. Hughes, Bryn Mawr College
Arlie Oswald Petters, Princeton University
Richard A. Tapia, Rice University
James Turner, Florida A&M University
Other Relevant Presentations
- Mathematics for the community: The ethnomathematics major.
- Cynthia E. Trimble, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla
Elinor L. Velasquez, University of California, Berkeley
- Intervention projects for minority precollege students.
- SUMMA Presentation
William A. Hawkins, Director of SUMMA
Carolyn R. Mahoney, California State University, San Marcos
Jack Morrell, Atlanta Metropolitan College
Margaret Wiener, Marymount Manhattan College
- Creating opportunities for minorities in mathematics.
- MAA Invited Address
Etta Z. Falconer, Spelman College