Elementary School Software
Lessons & Materials ||
Ask Dr. Math Questions
Back to Contents
- Action Fraction Funhouse
- A resource for grades 5-8 designed to teach students the relations between fractions, decimals, and percents.
- Fastball fractions
- A fraction game with a baseball theme. (Mac-only). Sounds, animations, and plays add to the enjoyment of the game while users are working fraction problems. Demonstration available for download.
Math Software that Includes Work with Fractions
- Bingwa Multicultural Software: 1st and 2nd Grade Module
- Focuses on teaching mathematical skills in the context of multicultural education. An example lesson features practice with identifying and naming common fractions in the context of the work of Dr. Susan Steward, an African American physician of the Nineteenth Century who championed both medicine and women's suffrage. Students practice naming and identifying the fractional amount of medicine contained in a bottle by supplying the correct numerator and denominator. $49.95.
- Bingwa Multicultural Software: 3rd and 4th Grade Module
- Focuses on teaching mathematical skills in the context of multicultural education. An example lesson features development of place value concepts interwoven with information about Maggie Walker, the nation's first female bank president and founder of a home for delinquent girls. Students can learn place value through identifying the value of particular digits in a given amount of money (up to six digits) and through writing numbers in expanded notation.
© 1994- Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.