Park City Mathematics Institute
Secondary School Teachers Program
The secondary school teachers summer session at Park City is an opportunity for secondary teachers to develop their understanding of mathematics in a unique environment. Applicants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- potential for growth as an individual
- potential for sharing the PCMI experience with colleagues
- support from school and/or colleagues
- evidence of commitment to students and to teaching students mathematics
- Program details for 2014 program are on the IAS site
- SSTP Application
- No Cost to Participants
- Teachers are given full support and a stipend during the Summer Session.
- University Credit
- University credit from the University of Washington is available for a
total cost of $223 for six quarter hours (= 4 semester hours) of Math 497,
Special Topics in Mathematics for Teachers. This course is Credit/No
Credit (no letter or numerical grade). Credit is awarded for fully
participating in all aspects of the PCMI Secondary School Teachers Program. Read more here: FAQ page (on Jim King's University of Washington website) and also download this Information Sheet [PDF format].
- Information about Park City
- Map of Park City, Utah Yahoo Maps
- Park City, Utah
- Park City Chamber of Commerce/Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Wikipedia: Park City, Utah
- Utah.com: Park City
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2014 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the Institute for Advanced Study, 1 Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre and Jim King
With program support provided by Math for America
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0314808 and Grant No. ESI-0554309. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.