Instructions for Completing Performance Contract
by Nick Salvatore
View Performance Contract || Download MS Word file: contract.doc
- The student should determine what grade he/she wants for the current 9 week period.
- In section 1, the student should list the activities and habits that he/she is willing to commit to in order to earn the grade they listed above.
- In section 3, the student should list those special things that they expect the teacher to do so that he/she will be successful during the nine week period.
- Before the contract is returned to the teacher, it must be signed and dated by both the student and his/her parent.
- After the teacher receives the signed contract, he will sign it and will return a copy of it to the student.
- The student may request a progress report at any time during the grading period to determine if they are "on target" to attain their goal. The normal 3 week and 6 week progress reports may be too long a period to wait between progress checks for some students.
REMEMBER... THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR EARNING A GRADE IS THE STUDENT'S!
I am here to help the student, but the student is expected to study, do homework, participate in class and attend tutoring sessions (if needed).