Math Coordinators Summary
Tuesday, July 2, 2002
Today we attended
- The Professionalization of Teachers Through Lesson Study - US/Japan Seminar
- Danny Goroff - Origins of the US/Japan collaboration
- Yosisige Sugiyama - Update from Japan
- Gail Burrill - Overview of the agenda
- Lesson Study in Japan Pre-service Programs: The process of transforming beginning teachers' understanding of teaching. (Student-teacher activities at Ohizumi Lower Secondary School)
- Yoshinori Shimizu - Moderator
- Toshiakira Fujii, Shinichiro Matsumoto, Miho Ueno - Presenters
- And then returned to debrief and discuss what we had observed.
(results need to be added here.)
Back to Journal Index
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2013 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the School of Mathematics
at the Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre and Jim King
With program support provided by Math for America
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0314808.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed
in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect
the views of the National Science Foundation.