Math Coordinators Summary
Wednesday, July 3, 2002
Today we discussed the following topics
- Attended the following morning sessions of the Joint US/Japan Seminar
- Catherine Lewis - Development of Lesson Study in the United States
- Bill Jackson - The New Jersey Experience: A Case Study of Transforming teacher's beliefs and practice.
- The afternoon sessions:
- Yoshinori Shimizu, Takashi Nakamura - Sharing New Approaches in Mathematics Teaching with the Teacher's from outside the School: The Role of Lesson Study at "Fuzoku" Schools.
- Keiko Hono, Keiichi Shigematsu - Transformation of teachers at the elementary and middle schools through an in-service education program.
- Returned to debrief and discuss what we had observed.
(results need to be added here.)
Back to Journal Index
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2016 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the Institute for Advanced Study, 1 Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre and Jim King
With program support provided by Math for America
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under DMS-0940733 and DMS-1441467. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.