Math Coordinators Summary
Wednesday, July 3, 2002
Today we discussed the following topics
- Attended the following morning sessions of the Joint US/Japan Seminar
- Catherine Lewis - Development of Lesson Study in the United States
- Bill Jackson - The New Jersey Experience: A Case Study of Transforming teacher's beliefs and practice.
- The afternoon sessions:
- Yoshinori Shimizu, Takashi Nakamura - Sharing New Approaches in Mathematics Teaching with the Teacher's from outside the School: The Role of Lesson Study at "Fuzoku" Schools.
- Keiko Hono, Keiichi Shigematsu - Transformation of teachers at the elementary and middle schools through an in-service education program.
- Returned to debrief and discuss what we had observed.
(results need to be added here.)
Back to Journal Index
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2013 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the School of Mathematics
at the Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre and Jim King
With program support provided by Math for America
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0314808.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed
in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect
the views of the National Science Foundation.