2012 Index Page
Participant Outreach Activities
Update Contact Info
Send Note: Suzanne & Richard
Reasoning from Data & Chance
Exploring Discrete Math
Learning about Geometric Groups
Implementing Lesson Study
Summer Math Camp
Roster, Schedule, Photos, Problems
E-table - Las Cruces, New Mexico
Ning: PCMI 2012
The conversations we've had these 3 weeks are only the beginning! Please share the ways you would like to continue the conversation.
- Step One
- Completing the online form -- we removed the direct link on July 31 but let us know if you'd like access to it. Just email Suzanne.
- Step Two
- View this page [requires generic login] to access the Continuing Professional Connections Google Doc to view your information and the information of others.
- Step Three
- Use the accumulated information on the Continuing Professional Connections Google Doc to launch, develop, and continue conversations. Also consider some of the suggestions listed below.
- Phone or Text
- Exchange phone numbers before leaving PCMI.
- Remember a face but not a name? Find the photo here: Participants' Photos. Once you've located his/her name, find the email on E-mail Addresses
- Create a Twitter account.
- Easiest would be to have someone here help you get started but there's also online help, including
Newbie's guide to Twitter - Rafe Needleman
Twitter Guide Book - How To, Tips, and Instructions by Mashable
How to Use Twitter - YouTube by Howcast
- Here's a handy link to make shortened URLs: Bitly. There are others, too.
- Other Social Media
- PCMI Participants' Blogs
- list of math twitterers/bloggers as a place to start (some PCMI but others, too)
- Google+ (including Hangouts)
- Teacher2Teacher (T2T®)
- Free peer-mentored question-and-answer service from the Math Forum. Gail Englert has been a T2T Associate since 1998. Jodie Olivo, Bill Thill, and Shaffiq Welji are new T2T Associates.
- PCMI Discussions [private]
- Professional Associations including amtnys, nyselmath, nysmsmath, nyshsmath, nyscollmath, nysmhs, nysmmn, ncsm-members
- Ask Suzanne
- Looking for something on either the PCMI@MathForum site or The Math Forum site and just can't find it? Send Suzanne email and she'll respond ASAP.
- PCMI: SSTP 2012
- Use the left sidebar links to access Class Notes, Project Abstracts, Morning Shorts, Site Map, etc.
- The Committee on Teachers as Professionals (c-TaP)
- Scroll down the page and note that there is a page of Resource Links.
- The Math Forum
- Suzanne's page, A Brief Intro to Math Forum Resources is a starting point. In particular, check the Tour links at the bottom of the page.