Frequently Asked Questions
Teaching Mathematics with
the Problems of the Week
Teaching Math with the PoWs || PD Courses || Schedule
- Do you have any feedback from teachers who have already taken the course?
- Yes, and we have some of that feedback here.
- Are there certain times of the day or week when I will need to log on to take the course?
- There will be weekly online chats scheduled during times that are feasible for participants. You will need to participate in at least four of them over the span of the course. There will not be "classes" scheduled at specific times. Participants will have some flexibility to work at their own pace within each week but are expected to complete the activities during the assigned week.
- How much time is required for each lesson, approximately? How will it break down between the amount of time online and the amount for "homework?"
- We expect that participants will spend 3 to 5 hours per week. Except for the chat sessions and a few intermediate deadlines, people work on their own schedules. You may print some of the content to read offline, but the bulk of your time will be spent online.
- Why do I need a Class level membership?
- The course is focused on using FunPoWs to teach mathematics to students. You will need to access the problems, solve and submit your own solutions online, use FunPoWs with your students, and have some of them submit their solutions online. To participate in this session, you will need to be in a teaching situation with your students.
- Am I able to participate from my home computer?
- You will be able to participate from any computer with a web browser and Internet access.
- Is there an opportunity to earn college credits?
- Currently we are not offering college credit.
Feel free to email if you have other questions.
© 1994-2014 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.