Frequently Asked Questions
Differentiated Math Instruction:
Using Rich Problems to Reach All Learners
Differentiated Math Instruction || PD Courses || Schedule
- Do you have any feedback from teachers who have already taken the course?
- Yes, and we have some of that feedback here.
- Are there certain times of the day or week when I will need to log on to take the course?
- There will be weekly online chats scheduled during times that are feasible for participants. You will need to participate in at least four of them over the span of the course. There will not be "classes" scheduled at specific times. Participants will have some flexibility to work at their own pace within each week but are expected to complete the activities during the assigned week.
- How much time is required for each lesson, approximately? How will it break down between the amount of time online and the amount for "homework?"
- We expect that participants will spend 3 to 5 hours per week. Except for the chat sessions and a few intermediate deadlines, people work on their own schedules. You may want to print some of the content to read offline, but the bulk of your time will be spent online.
- Why do I need a Class level membership?
- The course is focused on using rich problems to accommodate a range of student abilities. You will have access to many problems from our Problem Library.
- Am I able to participate from my home computer?
- You will be able to participate from any computer with a web browser and Internet access.
- Is there an opportunity to earn college credits?
- Currently we are not offering college credit.
Feel free to email if you have other questions.
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help