- Recent Additions to the Dr. Math Archives (31 December 1998)
- 107 new question-&-answer entries were added to the tables of contents during December 1998.
- Teacher2Teacher is named to the ENC Digital Dozen for December 1998 (15 December 1998)
- ENC says: "Another great math resource from the Math Forum! This question and answer service provides teachers and parents with information on classroom teaching and student learning. A panel of teaching professionals, the Presidential Awardees for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching, answer the questions posed by users. Topics at the site range from teaching techniques to locating good resources. There are also links to teaching references."
- Fibonacci Numbers Worksheet - Ron Knott (11 December 1998)
- A resource for introducing the Fibonacci numbers, used at a DIMACS Leadership Program conference at Rutgers University on 5 December 1998. These exercises accompany, are a teaching tool for, and relate to Ron Knott's Web site on the Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Section.
- The December Internet Math Hunt (5 December 1998)
- Solutions should consist of three things: what you found, the URL where you found it, and how you found that page.
- Recent Additions to the Dr. Math Archives (30 November 1998)
- 112 new question-&-answer entries were added to the tables of contents during November 1998.
- Teacher2Teacher Tour (25 November 1998)
- A tour of the Math Forum's resource for teachers and parents who have questions about teaching math. T2T offers an archive of answers, pages of public discussions, and a form for submitting questions.
- The November Internet Math Hunt (15 November 1998)
- Would your class like to write an Internet Math Hunt? Just write to email@example.com.
- BEATCALC at KaBoL (1 November 1998)
- The Math Forum's archive of B. Lee Clay's mailing list, which began on
3 Oct. 1995,now includes more than 150 mental math tricks. BEATCALC was selected by the KaBoL project for the week of Oct. 27-Nov. 2. ("Knot a Braid of Links" (KaBoL) is a "cool math site of the week" service to the mathematics community offered by the Canadian Mathematical Society.
- Latest Additions to the Math Forum's Internet Resource Collection (31 October 1998)
- 170 new entries or updates were made to the database during October.
- Recent Additions to the Dr. Math Archives (31 October 1998)
- 65 new question-&-answer entries were added to the tables of contents during October 1998.
- Algebra, Trig/Calculus Problems of the Week (20 October 1998)
- Two new POWs for high school students, administered by the Math Forum. Questions reflecting different levels of difficulty are drawn from a variety of sources: textbooks, math contests, NCTM books, puzzle books, and real-life situations. The goal is to challenge students with non-routine problems and encourage them to put their solutions into words.
- Macalester College Problem of the Week (15 October 1998)
- Stan Wagon, Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, poses a math problem to his students each week. The problems are also sent out by electronic mail and are added to a searchable archive hosted by the Math Forum and containing more than 800 problems from spring 1998 to the present. An archive of older problems is also maintained at Macalester.
- The October Internet Math Hunt (1 October 1998)
- Are you an Internet sleuth? Try it and find out!
2012: Oct/Dec  Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2011: Oct/Dec  Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2010: Oct/Dec  Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2009: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2008: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2007: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2006: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2005: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2004: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2003: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2002: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2001: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
2000: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
1999: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept Apr/Jun Jan/Mar
1998: Oct/Dec Jul/Sept May/Jun Mar/Apr Jan/Feb
1997: Dec Nov Oct Sept Aug Jul Jun May Apr Mar Feb Jan
1996: Dec Nov Oct Sept Aug Jul Jun May Apr Mar Feb
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help