Checking In: (Re-)Introductions
Who's new and who's who?
Introducing The Portable Lab
Allow us to show off technology that may be very useful as we explore a Problem of the Week.
Using Graphing Calculators
We will utilize the graphing calculator (and each other as resources) to explore the problems below.
- Exploring Rich Problems
- Gleaning the Sample HSPA for Teaching Opportunities
What more should we be doing?
- Site visits and in-class support by Anita or Shelly?
- Can you suggest possible topice for future in-service opportunities?
- We believe that the Lucent PoWs are being used primarily for extra credit. What would help you use them more routinely as resources in your teaching and learning?
- other ideas?
Connecting with the New Jersey Mathematical Framework:
- Content Clusters
- Number Sense, Concepts, & Applications
- Spatial Sense & Geometry
- Data Analysis, Probability, Statistics, & Discrete Mathematics
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Cross-Cluster Themes
- Problem Solving
- Tools & Technology
- Numerical Operations
- Excellence & Equity
- Recurring Content Strands
- Discrete Mathematics
- Building Blocks of Calculus