Equity & Access
AMS Ethical Guidelines
- Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) - Initial Findings - National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- Highlights from TIMSS; videotape classroom study report and classroom study; responses; the Commissioner's speech; results at the fourth-, eighth-, and twelfth-grade levels; test items, an annotated TIMSS publication list, and more. See also the 1999 Third International Mathematics and Science
Study-Repeat (TIMSS-R), providing information on U.S. progress in the four years since the initial TIMSS (eighth-grade students in 38 countries participated in TIMSS-R).
- The International Study Center - Boston College
- Dedicated to conducting comparative studies in educational achievement. Principally, it serves as the International Study Center for IEA's studies in math, science, and reading--the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) and the Progress in International Reading Literacy (PIRLS).
- TIMSS Math and Science Challenge: Sample Test - EdInformatics.com
- Several sample TIMSS Math Tests using original questions from the three released sets (Pop1,2,3). Tests are graded online and can be compared both to the international scores and to scores of other students who have taken the test online.
- TIMSS United States: International Mathematics and Science Study - U.S. TIMSS National Research Center, Michigan State University
- The Third International Mathematics and Science Study represents the most extensive investigation of mathematics and science education ever conducted. Approximately 50 countries participated in this comparative survey of education focusing upon 9-year-old and 13-year-old students, and students in their last year of secondary school. The US TIMSS site offers papers and publications, a newsletter, press releases, overheads, and the database files for the International Curriculum Analysis Database, which may be downloaded by country.
- For more, search the Math Forum's Internet Mathematics Library for the keyword TIMSS.