This page contains tutorials that will help you to learn the basics of
Mathematica and Maple and to use both programs to publish on the
web. We have not included a
tutorial on how to use MathView because we found it
to be unstable on the Macintosh platform we were using. In order to use the
Mathematica tutorials, you will either have to own a copy of Mathematica
3.0 on your hard drive or download a copy of Math Reader 3.0 (free!) from
the Mathematica web site. For more information on how to get one of these
please go to the set-up page.
- If you want to learn how to use Mathematica and have never used it
before, please click here to start the "How to
make a Mathematica Notebook Tutorial."
- To learn more about the Mathematica Notebook Cell click here.
- To learn how to input math in
Mathematica click here.
- To learn more about the additional features of Mathematica, please
- To practice creating your own notebook in
Mathematica and putting it up on the web, please click here.
- If you have never used Maple Version 5 before, then please click
here to go to the "How to make a
Maple Worksheet Tutorial."
- To learn how to put a title in a notebook please click here.
- To learn how to input an expression in Maple please click here.
- To learn how to use the cell hierarchy in Maple please click
- To learn how to put your notebooks on the web please click