From a Grade 10 Math Teacher

Back to Comments from Tessellators

Message

Date: Wed, 03 Jan 96
From: Richard Briston
Subject: Using Your Tessellation Page With Grade 10 Math Students

Hi Suzanne,

You have a wonderful page. I am a teacher in Oakville, Ontario, Canada about 30 minutes west of Toronto. I have decided this year to give my grade 10 math students a monthly assignment which is posted on the net. They have to download a copy of the assignment, solve the question(s) and e-mail me their solutions. It has worked out well so far, but I only started in September.

I was hoping that I could borrow your idea for my assignment for January. I have created a web page that I would like my students to answer for this month, but as I am taking your ideas I would like your approval first. Please take a look at what I have done and let me know if you have any concerns. I would also like to give you a copy of the final products which the students produce. February's assignment will be to e-mail me their final product. I am going to teach them how to encode a file and then attach it to an e-mail letter. I was wondering if you would like a copy of their work as well?

Cheers

Rich

rbriston@echo-on.net

Richard Briston's Math Assignments are now featured by the Math Forum.

Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help

http://mathforum.org/
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.
Send comments to: Suzanne Alejandre