From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001071711:26:04
Subject: Re: Graphing Calculator Courses

I have been tutoring algebra I and II for several years after my
retiremant.  I bought a TI-82 and mastered it only to find out that
the local school used a CASIO.  I was also volunteer tutoring at the
local high school so set about learning the CASIO graphing calculator.
I made a few view graphs for my own use and decided to market these.
I then found that the state was mostly using the TI-83 so I went to
work and made vu-graphs for the TI-83.  I sold a few, but the cost to
make was a little high and I didn't sell too many.

I then took the TI-83 charts and reduced them to fit on 4 by 6 index
cards and then bound them with a plastic comb.  Since then I have sold
about 110 of these booklets and have not had any negative feedback on
them but have had quite a few positive feedback's.

If you are interested, email me at the above address.   I also sell
them on Ebay. Here is the contents of the cards:

MINIATURE CHARTS FOR USE WITH
                  Texas Instruments TI - 83
                    TABLE OF CONTENTS
(***added in series II)
     1. EQUATION SOLVER***
     2. SLOPE OF A LINEAR EQUATION
     3. SPECIAL FACTORS AND PRODUCTS
     4. PRODUCT OF COMPLEX IMAGINARY NUMBERS***
     5. GRAPH METHOD
     6. PARABOLA, CONIC METHOD Part I
     7. PARABOLA, CONIC METHOD Part II
     8. PARABOLA - CHECK w/  T- 83
     9. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (CRAMERS RULE), Part I
    10. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (CRAMERS RULE) Part II
    11. REPEATING DECIMAL TO FRACTION
    12. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (MATRIX INVERSE)
    13. COMPUTING THE MATRIX INVERSE
    14. BOX AND WHISKER PLOT
    15 LINEAR EQUATION GIVEN A SET OF POINTS
       LINEAR REGRESSION)
    16.FACTORING GENERAL TRINOMIALS, Part I
    17. FACTORING GENERAL TRINOMIALS, PART II
    18.EQUATION OF A PARABOLA GIVEN A SET OF THREE
       POINTS USING QUADRATIC REGRESSION
    19.SYNTHETIC DIVISION With COMPLEX FACTORS***

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/