Q&A #10117

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: History of mathematics

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Kavon Rueter

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003101115:33:54
Subject: Math History Posters

Hello! I am a math teacher in Colorado Springs, CO. Three years ago I wanted math history posters to share with my students - such topics as, who came up with algebra and when? Or, what did Descartes contribute besides the coordinate plane? However, I could not find any such items at the teacher stores. That is when I made my own. Other math teachers have since shown an interest in my posters. I am still creating more after school each day. There is so much to cover! Some categories that I have are: Regions - Egytptian, Greek, Mayan, and more. Eras - Medieval, Renaissance, 20th Century, and more. Topics - Algebra, Women in Mathematics, Calculating Machines. Mathematicians - Descartes, Euler, Turing and more. If you would like to see what I have done so far, please visit my online Math History Catalog. The URL is at http://www.mathisradical.com/Catalog.htm I'm not a professional sales person, just a math teacher who came up with a product that fits a need in a mathematics classroom. They are inexpensive and useful. I also have a free newsletter that includes lesson plans, biographies of mathematicians and Black Line Masters for your classroom. Sincerely, Kavon Rueter kavon@mathisradical.com http://www.mathisradical.com

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®