From: Kavon Rueter <kavon@mathisradical.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003101115:33:54
Subject: Math History Posters

Hello!

I am a math teacher in Colorado Springs, CO. Three years ago I wanted
math history posters to share with my students - such topics as, who
came up with algebra and when? Or, what did Descartes contribute
besides the coordinate plane? However, I could not find any such items
at the teacher stores. That is when I made my own. Other math teachers
have since shown an interest in my posters. I am still creating more
after school each day. There is so much to cover!

Some categories that I have are:
Regions - Egytptian, Greek, Mayan, and more.
Eras - Medieval, Renaissance, 20th Century, and more.
Topics - Algebra, Women in Mathematics, Calculating Machines.
Mathematicians - Descartes, Euler, Turing and more.
If you would like to see what I have done so far, please visit my
online Math History Catalog. The URL is at
http://www.mathisradical.com/Catalog.htm

I'm not a professional sales person, just a math teacher who came up
with a product that fits a need in a mathematics classroom. They are
inexpensive and useful. I also have a free newsletter that includes
lesson plans, biographies of mathematicians and Black Line Masters for
your classroom.

Sincerely,

Kavon Rueter
kavon@mathisradical.com