Q&A #10117

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: History of mathematics

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Adrian Quesada

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007100905:59:00
Subject: Re: Math History Posters

On 2003101115:33:54, Kavon Rueter wrote: >Hello! > >I am a math teacher in Colorado Springs, CO. Three years ago I wanted >math history posters to share with my students - such topics as, who >came up with algebra and when? Or, what did Descartes contribute >besides the coordinate plane? However, I could not find any such items >at the teacher stores. That is when I made my own. Other math teachers >have since shown an interest in my posters. I am still creating more >after school each day. There is so much to cover! > >Some categories that I have are: >Regions - Egytptian, Greek, Mayan, and more. >Eras - Medieval, Renaissance, 20th Century, and more. >Topics - Algebra, Women in Mathematics, Calculating Machines. >Mathematicians - Descartes, Euler, Turing and more. >If you would like to see what I have done so far, please visit my >online Math History Catalog. The URL is at >http://www.mathisradical.com/Catalog.htm > >I'm not a professional sales person, just a math teacher who came up >with a product that fits a need in a mathematics classroom. They are >inexpensive and useful. I also have a free newsletter that includes >lesson plans, biographies of mathematicians and Black Line Masters for >your classroom. > >Sincerely, > >Kavon Rueter >kavon@mathisradical.com >http://www.mathisradical.com > is it clear who is responsible for the contents of the page?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®