From: Owen
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006090720:21:16
Subject: Creative ideas for teaching math

Tcopper:

     You said: " I have been approached to teach a remedial math
program to our students who are struggling in regular ed classes but
do not qualify for special ed. I'm looking for ideas other than
worksheets to help these kids out.  Do you have any creative ideas or
programs?"

   But you did not say what age and/or grade level your students are.

I have a program called DotMath for kids for students k-4.   The web
site is at

http://dotmath.tripod.com/

     The ideas in my system are so creative and new that you will not
find them any where else in the world.   There are some rules and
regulations and policies that you must agree to before you can get
this info.  When you send me an email and agree to the web site rules
you can get access to the information (for your students only).

     For example,  I have a paper calculator that helps the students
understand numbers and how to add and subtract fast.   I have seen a
child in grade one (with a paper calculator) win in a race against an
adult (with a real calculator) in both addition and subtraction.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®