From: Fireboat <fireboat@notmyrealemail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007052013:15:41
Subject: Re: Changing career from engineer to teacher

>From: Dionne <dionnebrown77@hotmail.com>
>To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
>Date: 2005032415:40:47
>Subject: interview tips
>
>Hello
>I am changing career from an Engineer to teach Math. I will be
>interviewing for a certification program soon and need some possible
>questions and answers that the interviewers may ask.
>Thanks in advance.

At teaching interviews, the questions are very routine and
commonplace.  It's pretty easy to predict the types of questions that
will be asked.  While the wording will change from interview to
interview, principals generally ask the same thing at all teacher
interviews.

There will be lots of general teacher interview questions, like...

- Describe your classroom management philosophy.

- Describe your philosophy of education

- What are your strengths and weaknesses

- When a child does not hand in his homework, what will you do?

- What do you look for in an administrator?

- Why do you want to teach at this paticular schoo?

They will also ask questions specific to math teachers, like....

- How to you keep students interested and engaged (major importance
for math teachers)

- How will you prepare students for final exams created by the state?

- In what ways will your use manipulative marerials or hands-on
activities?

- How can you connect Math to kids' real-life experiences.

Here's an eBook all about Teacher Interviews... It contains 50 common
interview questions and advice on finding jobs.  Maybe it can help
you.  http://www.iwantateachingjob.com

Best of luck to you in your career transition!

  - Fireboat

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®