From: Rob Eckert <rob_eckert@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004012923:24:45
Subject: Re: Making Teaching a Profession

That's interesting, because I too am an engineer (civil/structural).
one and a hlf years ago I started what is know here as an after degree
program to get my teaching degree.  Of course I live in Canada so I'm
sure that the certification procedures are somewhat different.  I have
been told often that my math major/chem minor teaching degree together
with the engineering degree will almost guarantee me a job even though
the province that I live in has been cutting back on its funding to
education in the past few years.  That's my story, you might want to
check with your local school district to find out what you need to do
to qualify.  Good luck!

Rob

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question