From: Carolyn Oates <carolynoates@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998061209:05:33
Subject: What about teaching factoring: ax^3+ bx^2 y + cxy^2 + dy^3

Hi - I've been tutoring someone in pre-algrebra. And was curious...

What about teaching how to find the factors of something like this:
ax**3+ bx**2 y + cxy**2 + dy**3

** mean to the power of

Since I'm studying computer science and it's hard to get
her to practice, I was curious if any of you know any interesting/good
computer programs in the area of pre-algebra (and pre-geometry).

She has problems with knowing when to simplify her answers when
solving 2 equations. Any suggestions?
(This isn't trinomials anymore, but that is part of what she has to
learn. And the 2nd answer is a method that wouldn't work for her
because she would leave it in the fractions.)

Thanks, Carolyn Oates

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®