Q&A #104

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Factoring trinomials

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Carolyn Oates

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998061210:05:33
Subject: What about teaching factoring: ax^3+ bx^2 y + cxy^2 + dy^3

Hi - I've been tutoring someone in pre-algrebra. And was curious... What about teaching how to find the factors of something like this: ax**3+ bx**2 y + cxy**2 + dy**3 ** mean to the power of Since I'm studying computer science and it's hard to get her to practice, I was curious if any of you know any interesting/good computer programs in the area of pre-algebra (and pre-geometry). She has problems with knowing when to simplify her answers when solving 2 equations. Any suggestions? (This isn't trinomials anymore, but that is part of what she has to learn. And the 2nd answer is a method that wouldn't work for her because she would leave it in the fractions.) Thanks, Carolyn Oates

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®