From: Laura

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010092411:31:16
Subject: Cumulative Frequency Histogram

I just taught a cumulative frequency histogram lesson and instructed my students to write the x-axis scale as they would for a regular frequency histogram, after having googled various images and finding that they all did it in this way. My special ed teacher approached me after class and indicated that last year they were taught to use the cumulative frequency scale. Sure enough, regentsprep.org does this, where the columns are, for example, 70-71, 70-71, 70-73, etc rather than just 70, 71, 72. So I looked for solutions on jmap and found that the histogram scales are inconsistent there as well. Some with a cumulative scale, others without. This causes me concern for the Regents. Will students be penalized for using either method? I need to clarify with them asap. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/