From: Laura <lvenable07@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010092411:31:16
Subject: Cumulative Frequency Histogram

I just taught a cumulative frequency histogram lesson and instructed
my students to write the x-axis scale as they would for a regular
frequency histogram, after having googled various images and finding
that they all did it in this way. My special ed teacher approached me
after class and indicated that last year they were taught to use the
cumulative frequency scale. Sure enough, regentsprep.org does this,
where the columns are, for example, 70-71, 70-71, 70-73, etc rather
than just 70, 71, 72.

So I looked for solutions on jmap and found that the histogram scales
are inconsistent there as well. Some with a cumulative scale, others
without.

This causes me concern for the Regents. Will students be penalized for
using either method? I need to clarify with them asap.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®