From: Jan Tremain <jtremain@idcnet.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003073021:37:02
Subject: graphing discrete vs. continuous data

Suppose you are counting by ones on the x axis. If the label is cars
it wouldn't make sense to connect the dots because you can't have 1
1/2 cars. If it is time, it makes sense because you can have 1 1/2
minutes or seconds .  However, I tell students sometimes we connect
the dots because it is easier to make predictions and see patterns
when they are connected even if sense-wise they shouldn't be.
I also teach CMP. I suggest you email the authors at Michigan State
with your question.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®