Q&A #10489

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Graphing: discrete vs continuous data

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jan Tremain

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003073021:37:02
Subject: graphing discrete vs. continuous data

Suppose you are counting by ones on the x axis. If the label is cars it wouldn't make sense to connect the dots because you can't have 1 1/2 cars. If it is time, it makes sense because you can have 1 1/2 minutes or seconds . However, I tell students sometimes we connect the dots because it is easier to make predictions and see patterns when they are connected even if sense-wise they shouldn't be. I also teach CMP. I suggest you email the authors at Michigan State with your question.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®