From: JAMES ROBINS

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007120516:10:47
Subject: INVERSE RELATIONSHIP

A student was asking for a "real-life" example of a mathematical inverse relationship...which I interpret as mathematical knowledge that may be used as a "tool" common to some everyday situations. In other words, how can the 'concept' be related to a frequently occurring everyday event that is useful. This question was asked and answered by Dr Math using Functions as the student was working with this topic. I found that to be an opaque image of the concept. I would humbly suggest Currency Exchange: Example. Once the exchange rate is known between any two currencies it is simple to go back and forth between the two. 1.00 USD = 110.565 JPY (Given) l.00 jpy = 1/110.565 (Inverse) = 0.00904447 USD Source: Website http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/