From: Quester

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021620:44:52
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Give me a break!

I have run into the same thing--Ohio teachers not understanding how to use FEE. I have seen them add up the first numbers and ignore the rest: that is what makes it useless and confuses it with rounding. Two digit FEE 47 + 32 = 70 Is this correct by "real" math standards, or is there some attention we need to pay to the one's place in this problem? Because 7 + 2 is close to 10, do we add that to our solution?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/