From: Quester <rumque@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021619:44:52
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Give me a break!

I have run into the same thing--Ohio teachers not understanding how to
use FEE.  I have seen them add up the first numbers and ignore the
rest: that is what makes it useless and confuses it with rounding.
Two digit FEE   47 + 32  =  70  Is this correct by "real" math
standards, or is there some attention we need to pay to the one's
place in this problem?  Because 7 + 2 is close to 10, do we add that
to our solution?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®