From: Chyanna

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005031814:05:43
Subject: Re: Re: Give me a break!

Parents please note an estimation is just an educated guess therefore when students learn estimation they are made aware that it is not the actual answer. Therefore the answer could be more or less. Our students must learn how to make estimation because in life we all get estimations for the cost of different things. When we want to build a house the contractor gives us an estimate of the cost which means we may pay more or less to get it built. Also when go shopping we estimate the cost of an item so we take more money than is needed at times to cover our expenditure. So do not feel like students should not be taught this skill, it is very important. So all you need to do as parents is reinforce what teachers teach. They know what they are doing that is why

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/