From: Doug

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005111905:50:26
Subject: Re: Front End Estimation

This is a perfect example of what my point is. Children are taught rounding and estimation then they are taught FEE. If you take a student who gets good grades and is proud of that they may not ask questions if they don't understand this, and their grades will suffer for it. In my experience when a student gets problems wrong on homework teachers don't go out of their way to find out why and help them learn the subject. They just pass out a test and when the student fails that, the class just moves on. The only subject I've ever seen where teachers make students learn the correct answers to problems they miss is spelling.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/