From: Doug
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005111904:50:26
Subject: Re: Front End Estimation

This is a perfect example of what my point is. Children are taught
rounding and estimation then they are taught FEE. If you take a
student who gets good grades and is proud of that they may not ask
questions if they don't understand this, and their grades will suffer
for it. In my experience when a student gets problems wrong on
homework teachers don't go out of their way to find out why and help
them learn the subject. They just pass out a test and when the student
fails that, the class just moves on. The only subject I've ever seen
where teachers make students learn the correct answers to problems
they miss is spelling.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®