Q&A #1154

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Front End Estimation

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Gina

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004081008:18:17

When my son brought his 3rd grade worksheet home that had a FEE problem, I felt real stupid. I had never heard of FEE and tried to figure it out. I found a website that gave instructions on how to do FEE that also includes some problems that instantly give you the results to see if you are correct or not. Of course I figured it out AFTER I sent my son off to school. ha. This is how FEE works. example: 427 + 320 = 740 You are to add the first two highest place values- Which means I will add 4 to 3 and get 7 then I will add 2 plus 2 to get 4 and then place zeros for the rest of the numbers 4 2 7 + 3 2 0 ______________ 7 4 0 I could believe how simple it was. Whether it's useful or not I don't really care, but I wanted my son to know how to do it. The internet is a wonderful thing! You can Go to this website with your child to do some practice. It's wonderful. http://www.aaamath.com/B/est73ax2.htm

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®