From: Kim <ruffwisewie@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009090709:46:05
Subject: Re: front end estimation

I agree this is a useless method.  I read my daughter's math book and
couldn't find any system to how they were adjusting the numbers after
performing the front end estimation.  I have a BS in Electrical
Engineering and had to year's of math.  You would think this would be
easy for me.  If I don't get it how is a child suppose to understand?

This is why our children are having such a hard time in school.  We
should stick with the basic math concepts.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/