From: Kathy April <kathya1961@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002101809:12:53
Subject: Re:Front end estimation

	I find I personally use estimation ALL the time in everyday life as a
Mom.  From estimating total spending during grocery shopping, to how
much time a task may take including how far to travel and average
amount of time to get there, (especially considering time of day), and
even rough estimates of household budgets from week to week and month
to month..... all of this can be done more efficiently when doing
front end estimation.  I know from real life experience that it is not
only very practical in getting general ideas about calculations, but
also winds up being very useful in daily life when it's not necessary
nor practical to try to have EXACT calculations for everything.  I
believe that it serves as an excellent tool for busy people who are
constantly multi-tasking and need to adjust and re-adjust calculations
based on changing factors in any given situation... and any parent of
multiple children knows what I am talking about!!!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/