Q&A #1154

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Front End Estimation

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jim

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004092422:32:01
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Rounding is MORE ACCURATE!!!

As a Title I math teacher, I have had some interesting experiences observing the ways different teachers teach the same concepts. In the morning, at one school, I watched a teacher teach estimating in one way and calling it FEE. Later that afternoon, at another school, I watched a teacher teach something different and still call it FEE. And I'm expected to supplement all this instruction. Geez!! I don't have a problem with FEE because I use it constantly as mental math when dealing with many numbers. However, and this is a huge however, I agree with all the posters who cried out for standardization in this concept. Ironic, isn't it? We're talking about math here.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®