From: Jim
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004092421:32:01
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Rounding is MORE ACCURATE!!!

As a Title I math teacher, I have had some interesting experiences
observing the ways different teachers teach the same concepts.  In the
morning, at one school, I watched a teacher teach estimating in one
way and calling it FEE.  Later that afternoon, at another school, I
watched a teacher teach something different and still call it FEE.
And I'm expected to supplement all this instruction.  Geez!!  I don't
have a problem with FEE because I use it constantly as mental math
when dealing with many numbers.  However, and this is a huge however,
I agree with all the posters who cried out for standardization in this
concept.  Ironic, isn't it?  We're talking about math here.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/