From: Suzanne <suzanne@mathforum.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003091208:16:30
Subject: Re: More number lines?

When you say that you want to "show the numbers between 10, 20, and so
on", do you mean that you want each mark numbered?  Here are some
things that I tried on the "Decimals Number Lines Whiteboard Tool"
link from:

  http://www.mathsonline.co.uk/freesite_tour/resource/

When you first open it, the scale is 0 to 10. If you select the last
control that looks like "mmm" the marks appear along with the labels
so now you have 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 all displayed.

If you want the scale to be 0 to 100, you select the "100" on the
vertical option bar and if you also have the "mmm" selected you will
have all of the marks.  I realize that they aren't labeled but if you
really want the students to be able to see every number, they could
label them after printing. Another idea is that you could print one,
add the number labels that you want them to have, and
then you could photocopy that one master copy to give one to a
student.

If I've misinterpreted what you are seeking, please explain again, and
perhaps I can find the resource that you need.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®