Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #12081

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Christine <cgal0520@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021901:54:10
Subject: Re: Praxis II Math for Middle School in NJ and PA

Hi.. I'm a grad student in NJ, getting my teaching certificate.  I was
interested in teaching math in middle school, but since they are
changing all the requirements (and my certificate, going to be K-5,
instead of K-8) I'm not sure where I stand.  NJ has never used the
middle school Praxis tests before.  However, a professor I had for one
of my classes, who is a middle school principal, said I should take
the MS Math test, since eventually NJ is going to have to use those
tests.  When I registered for it, the system gave me a message saying
that NJ doesn't require that test, but you can over-ride the message
and register for the test anyway.  I think the test is the same, no
matter where you take it.
I'm taking the test on March 6.
Christine

Post a reply to this message