Q&A #12081

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Christine

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021902:54:10
Subject: Re: Praxis II Math for Middle School in NJ and PA

Hi.. I'm a grad student in NJ, getting my teaching certificate. I was interested in teaching math in middle school, but since they are changing all the requirements (and my certificate, going to be K-5, instead of K-8) I'm not sure where I stand. NJ has never used the middle school Praxis tests before. However, a professor I had for one of my classes, who is a middle school principal, said I should take the MS Math test, since eventually NJ is going to have to use those tests. When I registered for it, the system gave me a message saying that NJ doesn't require that test, but you can over-ride the message and register for the test anyway. I think the test is the same, no matter where you take it. I'm taking the test on March 6. Christine

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®