Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #12081

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Andy Lin <ashoro@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009111621:36:12
Subject: Praxis Mathematics: Content Knowledge 0061

This thread is meant to be an aid for those who are preparing for the
Praxis Mathematics Content Knowledge 0061 Test.  I want people who can
contribute to contribute.  Post here the hard or tricky problems you
faced when you took the test.  Hopefully there are a lot of people
retaking it or something or else usually people who took it won't be
reading this thread.  I'll start by posting a hard problem I saw on
the test I took.  Just describe the problem, you don't have to
replicate it here, it might even be illegal to do so.

I saw a weird contour diagram problem where it showed on the x-axis
the amount of rainfall, the y-axis the temperature, and it was for
illustrating how much corn or something was produced with those
factors, on the contours it showed percentages.  The problem said that
in 1955 or whatever R was this and T was this and as you can see from
the contour it gave 80% and that year 180 million metric tons of say
corn was produced.  What could be a pair of R and T values to produce
60 million metric tons of corn?  I was so lost and just put C and
moved on because I was running out of time.  I realize now that you're
suppose to find out how many percent is 60 million metric tons given
that 180 million metric tons is 80% and from there you find the
contour with that percent and try to find an R and T pair that matches
the given answers.

Now you guys please post difficult questions you have come across.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/