Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #12081

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Andy Lin

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009111622:36:12
Subject: Praxis Mathematics: Content Knowledge 0061

This thread is meant to be an aid for those who are preparing for the Praxis Mathematics Content Knowledge 0061 Test. I want people who can contribute to contribute. Post here the hard or tricky problems you faced when you took the test. Hopefully there are a lot of people retaking it or something or else usually people who took it won't be reading this thread. I'll start by posting a hard problem I saw on the test I took. Just describe the problem, you don't have to replicate it here, it might even be illegal to do so. I saw a weird contour diagram problem where it showed on the x-axis the amount of rainfall, the y-axis the temperature, and it was for illustrating how much corn or something was produced with those factors, on the contours it showed percentages. The problem said that in 1955 or whatever R was this and T was this and as you can see from the contour it gave 80% and that year 180 million metric tons of say corn was produced. What could be a pair of R and T values to produce 60 million metric tons of corn? I was so lost and just put C and moved on because I was running out of time. I realize now that you're suppose to find out how many percent is 60 million metric tons given that 180 million metric tons is 80% and from there you find the contour with that percent and try to find an R and T pair that matches the given answers. Now you guys please post difficult questions you have come across.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/