From: Dan Rubin <rubin@teacher.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006081713:56:55
Subject: Re: Green Globs

Green Globs is a graphing program and game.
A coordinate grid is posted on the screen with green circles on
certain coordinates.
The student types in the equation of a line in Y= format.
The line is drawn on the screen in slow motion and when it hits a
green glob, it zaps it away.

The beginner can type in equations such as y = 1, y = 2, y = 3, y = 4,
etc... It will teach them about horizontal linear equations.

The more advanced student can type in equations with a slope and
intercept.

On the next level of the game, there are black holes that swallow up
your line when it passes through one of those coordinates. It makes it
harder for you to reach your globs with a horizontal or vertical line.

The program takes most functions, so you can even use it with a
trigonometry class and type in lines such as y = sinx, etc...

I think it is one of the best programs I have seen and I saw it 15
years ago.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®