From: Gabriel Pinski <gabrielpinski@hotmail.com >
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007021919:51:15
Subject: graphical solution of the complex roots of a parabola

It suddenly occurred to me to google  "parabola complex roots
graphical solution" and I found this site.
In Nov. 1953, as a 15 year old senior at the Bronx High School
of Science in NY, I worked out the procedure for graphical
visualization of the roots by using the complex plane. I submitted it
as my Westinghouse project. I didn't win but did get an honorable
mention. It was published in the Bronx Science Math Bulletin in 1954.
I often wondered if this was a known result and if it should have
been submitted to a professional publication.
I have gone on to various serial careers but look back fondly on
my first piece of research.
G. Pinski, M.D., Ph.D.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question