From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021812:02:20
Subject: Re: Re: Re: you can ALWAYS divide across!

Thanks for the explanation. Myself, I never had trouble learning or teaching the inverting method. I am not sure your method is better for students taking algebra and beyond. Of course your method helps them get a better understanding of common denominators. Now that you mention it, I was tutoring a kid one time who was having trouble with math and he did something like what you are saying. I guess I caused him to unlearn that method. At the time, I didn't recognizee what he was doing. He certainly didn't understand it either. So thanks again for the explanation. I will stick with the inverting method since it is very simple to learn and teach.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/