From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021812:02:20
Subject: Re: Re: Re: you can ALWAYS divide across!

Thanks for the explanation.  Myself, I never had trouble learning or
teaching the inverting method.  I am not sure your method is better
for students taking algebra and beyond.  Of course your method helps
them get a better understanding of common denominators.

Now that you mention it, I was tutoring a kid one time who was having
trouble with math and he did something like what you are saying.  I
guess I caused him to unlearn that method.  At the time, I didn't
recognizee what he was doing.  He certainly didn't understand it
either.  So thanks again for the explanation.

I will stick with the inverting method since it is very simple to
learn and teach.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®