From: Linda <llessard@district146.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004022216:06:20
Subject: Re: Re: Re: you can ALWAYS divide across!

This is the answer I am looking for for my sixth graders that have no
trouble finding common denominators for addition and subtraction, but
can't cope with 3 different methods of doing 4 different
operations...add, subt, div, and mult!  I use the partitive model to
show why and how we use common denominators.  It just makes sense to
teach them division in the same way.  The meaning does not get lost1
Thank you for the tip!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®