Q&A #12670

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Dividing fractions

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Patrice

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004043022:46:33
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you can ALWAYS divide across!

To quote a great math teacher, "Ours is not to question why, just invert and multiply!" This same teacher then went on to explain why inverting and multiplying works. Once I understood, I was happy. I then proceeded to invert and multiply, which is easier to do. The moral of the story then is, don't just teach the algorithm, but by all means, teach it!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®