From: Paige <2ppschus@verizon.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006081123:20:06
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you can ALWAYS divide across!

So please explain the reason behind the algorithim. Why do we invert
and multiply? If I have 1/6 divided by 1/5, isn't that saying how many
times will 1/5 divide into 1/6? but 1/6 is smaller than 1/5. I know
the answer is 5/6, but I don't know how to explain why. I've never
thought about it before because I just learned the rule.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/