From: Claire <cpelletier@ev1.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006091423:57:52
Subject: Re: Chicago Math - progression to advanced math ie/ Algebra/Calculus

The school our daughters go to have implemented the EM math program
for the past 8 years with great results.  Our eldest just went on to
high school where she placed out of Algebra & is in Geometry with
sophmores.  She credits the math program at the school (as well as her
teacher) for this advancement.  She told me the other day she is often
the first to be able to answer the problems on the board because she
can visualize it quickly.  This being said, I would be sure your
child's teacher has been well trained in Chicago Math.  I have found
that some teachers who are not well trained do not use the program as
intended and the students do not benefit from all that it has to
offer. Also, our school does have the students keep up with their math
drills outside of class (at the younger ages) since the program does
not emphasize that.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®