From: Owen <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007111522:12:03
Subject: Re: Chicago Math

To: Melissa
Subject: Chicago Math

  The parents are responsible for their childrens education not the
school or the teacher.  Too many people think it is up to the teacher.
The teachers have a lot of politics that controls what they can and
can't do.

  I agree with you when you say
   "It is very sad, the state of math education today."

  You are the one who can make the difference.  My mother had me doing
homework after school and on all the holidays to make sure I knew
basic math.  No one can motivate your children like you can because
they want to be with you and they want to be like you.   If you teach
her math at home then anything they do at school will be a review.
Maybe you do not know how to explain basic math to her.  It this is
the case then you may want to look up "Dotmath for kids" on google.
This will help explain how to teach basic math.  Some children even
learn how to beat a calculator with dotmath.  I hope this helps you
help her.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question