From: Gail
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000081117:31:06
Subject: Re: Every Day Math

While I can't give you statistics, I can give you some websites you
might want to explore to find out more about the program.  Please let
us know if these sites don't answer your questions, and we will try to
find something else to help you.

http://www.everydaylearning.com/
This site has two hyperlinks that you can use to learn more about the
following topics:
Everyday Learning and University of Chicago response to 1/4/00 Wall
Street Journal editorial.
Two Everyday Learning Mathematics Programs Highlighted in US
Department of Education Report

http://www.ed.gov/pubs/parents/Math/
entitled "Helping Your Child Learn Math,  June 1999, this site has
material authored by Patsy Kanter, who is also the author of Everyday
Math.  It has a variety of great activities to help your child
understand math, as well as some interesting information to help you
understand the goals and direction of the math program

http://sun.kent.wednet.edu/curriculum/math/edmath/parents.html
A guide to help your child understand mathematics. This guide was
developed for parents of children using the Houghton Mifflin
Mathematics program.

http://www.kent.wednet.edu/curriculum/math/edmath/index.html
Everyday Mathematics© Resource Guide Teacher Ideas - Resources for
teachers including tips from other teachers, internet links,
assessment samples and additional resources.

http://www.everydaylearning.com/Pages/everyday.html
    Overview of Everyday Mathematics

http://www.kent.wednet.edu/
This school district, Kent, Washington, has a hyperlink to the
product, and someone at the site might be able to tell you how it is
working for them.

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Visit us again at http://forum.swarthmore.edu/t2t/

Post a reply to this message