From: Brian Foley <hoskeebo@juno.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999052110:52:28
Subject: at-risk and resistent students

I have recently started my first teaching job at a Job Corps center
for inner-city (NYC) students, 16-21 yrs old.

I have given succesfull numeracy seminars all over Europe, but this
group is taxin my ability. They are as intelligent as any other group,
but their resistence to trying new things is ungodly. We don't really
have rapport problems until I ask them to try to learn something. The
problems are too deep to go into here, so I will ask a concise
question:

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®