Q&A #138

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Assessing readiness for algebra

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Mrs. Altman

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005040708:54:28
Subject: Re: Re: HOAPT

dear nancy (may i call you that?) your name reminded me of my favorite detective girl novels- the nancy drew mysteries. (have you read "the clue in the clock"?) i think you would find some of the references quite mathamatical. your name reminded me so terribly of my own childhood and adolecence growing up in my little home town in rural texas(god bless our dear country and the worlds messiah george bush- spreading the words of our lord. Im sorry- ive been going off on a tangent. Back to your inquiry as to algebraic age figuration in pre high school education we must remember one thing- the children are the future and for them we must do all we can to teach them the little we know of the expanding world of mathematics so that they in turn may solve the problems and challenges the lord sets before us as they would a maths equation. therefore- i reccomend this simple mathematical equation- gooch (being the primary function of gooch) ^4 - the square root of 1.37245 thank you and god bless you - child of god x

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®